Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Travelogue Day 4: So Many Places, So Little Time, Not So Nice Weather..

There are still a lot of places we haven't visited and according to my long list which I made before I came, these places need at least half a day to explore.

So we started by hiring a taxi for half a day. Cost quite a lot but I was surprise when we were picked up by a van. Not so expensive for the whole van and just two of you inside plus driver.


So first stop, I really wanted to go to Phromthep Cape. This place is well known for it's scenery, especialy during sunset. I wanted to go there around evening time but since today's weather is a bit gloomy. I guess we wouldn't be able to see the sunset.

On the way, our driver asked us if we wanted to stop at Karon View Point. It is very nice of him since I actually never mention I want to go there. Since it is on the way to Phromthep, why not??

Karon view point - not so clear view because of the gloomy weather
Once we arrived at Phromthep, the weather was very bad. It rained heavily and there were strong wind. In the end I didn't have a chance to see Phromthep Cape. I only saw it from hill at the side of it.

Windmill?
Gloomy day
So we head to Phuket Town to go to the market. It was stil raining so I figured it will be better if we just go to the market first (at least it is dry) and go to the other places after the rain.
Thai KFC

Next desination is Wat Chalong. It is the biggest temple in Phuket and very beautiful. But again, it was the rain that didn't allow me to take many pictures. Though it was raining, there were still a lot of tourist around the temple. Guess weather won't stop anyone from going to their destination.
Last but not least, the Big Buddha of Phuket. This giant Buddha statue is located at Kata view point. From the top of the hill you can see a breathtaking view of Phuket town. I suppose in a clear day it will be very nice to take pictures from the hill top.


No comments:

Post a Comment