Friday, June 5, 2009

Lively Arty

It is Friday and these days I will always go somewhere after work. So today, I decided to go to the outdoor theater in Esplanade. It becomes my favorite place since it was built not so long ago.

From behind the theater you can see the view of Singapore river with CBD area as the background. On the other side you can also see the soon to be IR area. For now it is not really pleasant to see but we'll see once it is done.. (somehow this area looks way better at night. Maybe because you can't really see the cranes at night).

Anyway... when I was there, there were several performance. The whole thing is called Flipside, which is in conjunction with Singapore Art Festival 2009.

The performance were from various artist such as from Singapore, Thailand and Australia. I can't tell which one is the best since each of them have their own unique way to engage with the audience. But I can say all three were funny and entertaining.


Singin A Different Tune
is a singing performance from trio Darius Tan, Celine Rose Tan & Julian Wong from Singapore. All three of them have very nice voice and if I am not mistaken they are theater singer.

They sang different types of songs from those opera one to cartoon soundtrack and some of the songs have very funny and catchy lyrics. They are funny performers and somehow Darius reminds me of someone from college (you guess who..) ^^










~ crowd watching the performance









– soulful








~ what's with the attitude?? (really look like someone I know ^^)


Slowmagic
is a performance by Babymime from Thailand. The performance was hilarious since the mime trio performed magic tricks which is not so magical. But some of the tricks were amazing.
* and turns out they are quite posey too when they see camera







~ the trio (added some effect to the photo, sorry if it looks different from the rest)









~ I take photo of him taking photo of them (confused???)










- the posey one (last pose esp for me)


3 Speed Crunch Box
is an acrobatic performance by Dislocate from Australia. It is by a trio ; Kate, Geoffrey and DJ (if I am not mistaken, sorry.. I can't remember the name..) All three of them are very energetic and funny.

At first I thought it's gonna be those serious acrobatic one but turns out is a comedic acrobatic performance. The acrobatic part was amazing, too bad it only last for than an hour (well they'll get very tired if have to do those jumps and flips in more than an hour I guess).









~ another posey one











~ swing swing




























~ 1,2, 3, pose..
















~ one word, WOW!!


All performance were good and amusing in their own way and the best thing is they are all free.
*Guess I talk too much today. Well, enjoy the pics!! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment