Saturday, January 30, 2010

Glass Talk Part II

I always have an impulse to buy a new lens but I am still not sure which one I really needed. I heard some friends recommend this and that but still.. I always feel confuse. I don't need them urgently so I will slowly take my time to decide.

One way to know if the lens is good enough is to rent them.

I went to this camera rental shop at South Bridge Road for the second time (few months ago I rent a 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM here) and this time helped my friend to rent a 70-200mm F4L IS USM for an event he will cover. Since he is a good friend of mine, I got a chance to borrow it and try it myself.

Another friend told me to try this lens in Jurong Bird Park or Singapore Zoo. Since I went to the zoo twice, I decided to go to birdpark and snap away..

I was very pleased with the shoot. Weather was very nice the whole day. Very colorful pictures. And the best part was the lens. It was very sharp and the focusing was fast. Even though I was frustrated at first since my lens is not as fast and it took a while for me to get use to the focusing part (I kept missing my subject) but I really enjoy using the lens. All the images above were taken using 70-200mm.

So the next time you want to try any lens. You can check it out at http://www.camerarental.biz/

*For PR or foreigner they require deposit. It varies for different lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment