Saturday, January 30, 2010

Owl City - a lesson to learn

I went to Jurong Bird Park last weekend to shoot and long time ago a friend of mine told me if I happen to go there, the owl section was nice but it is very difficult to take picture since it is very dark. Thanks to my memory loss, I forget about it. Added with my laziness, I didn't bring my tripod along.

Indeed the place was very dark and it is very difficult to take picture. Even using 50mm F1.8, you need to use very slow shutter speed and very high ISO. It was such a shame that I didn't get a chance to take a nice picture there. I should have brought my tripod along and the owl didn't move much so I guess it is fine if I used very slow shutter but not so high ISO.

So next time, if you plan to shoot owl, please bring your tripod (they don't allow flash since they are very sensitive to light). And below it is not a good example of noise and focusing. Ah.. I wish I can go back and shoot again.. My bad.. But I learn my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment